The word has many meanings depending on the topic.
Generically defined as ‘To have a strong effect on someone or something.’
Impact can be either Negative or Positive.
Being impactful may mean you have a relationship with an individual or organization.
Impact can be intentional or not.
I always had hopes and dreams of making an impact someday. Someday when I reached a certain income level and could afford to donate enough money to a cause to make a difference.
There were two flaws in my thinking
FLAW #1 – giving money was the only way to make impact.
I was raised to make an impact on others daily, no matter how small or how large.
Here are a few examples of what I mean
• Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
• Send a positive text message to five people you haven’t talked to in a while.
• Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighborhood, office, school, etc.
• Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
• Say hi to the person next to you on the elevator.
• Let someone go in front of you in line who only has a few items.
• Hold the door for the person behind you.
Could everyone that read this, just do one of these things EVERY DAY for a week. Every good deed hopefully inspires that person to do something nice for someone else. From one person to the next. It is a Chain of Inspiration that gets stronger and stronger with each link that is added to make our community great tomorrow than it was today.
FLAW #2 – That to make an impact I would have to donate a large sum of money
To overcome this flawed way of thinking, ImpactClub® was developed to help ordinary people like you and me pitch in and make a much larger impact, on our local charities, together as a group.
We have our 3rd Quarter meeting this week, Thursday,
September 12th at 6:30PM Wildrose Brewing Company
Guests are WELCOME
… Or if you know you want to join, beat the line and register today at www.ImpactClubTriTown.com
Let’s make sure that the impact we have on others is always intentional and positive!